The AD5426/AD5432/AD5443 are CMOS 8-, 10-, and 12-bit current output digital-to-analog converters (DACs), respectively. These devices operate from a 2.5 V to 5.5 V power supply, making them suitable for battery-powered applications and many other applications.
These DACs use a double buffered, 3-wire serial interface that is compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and most DSP interface standards. In addition, a serial data out pin (SDO) allows for daisy-chaining when multiple packages are used. Data readback allows the user to read the contents of the DAC register via the SDO pin. On power-up, the internal shift register and latches are filled with 0s and the DAC outputs are at zero scale.
As a result of manufacturing on a CMOS submicron process, the parts offer excellent 4-quadrant multiplication characteristics with large signal multiplying bandwidths of 10 MHz. The applied external reference input voltage, VREF, determines the full-scale output current. An integrated feedback resistor, RFB, provides temperature tracking and full-scale voltage output when combined with an external current to voltage precision amplifier.
The AD5426/AD5432/AD5443 DACs are available in small, 10-lead MSOP packages.
The eval-AD5443SDZ/eval-AD5446SDZ/eval-AD5453SDZ evaluation board is available for evaluating DAC performance. For more information, see the UG-327 evaluation board user guide.
- Portable battery-powered applications
- Waveform generators
- Programmable amplifiers and attenuators
- Digitally controlled calibration
- Programmable filters and oscillators
- Composite video
- Gain, offset, and voltage trimming
- +2.5 V to +5.5 V Supply Operation
- 50 MHz Serial Interface
- 10 MHz Multiplying Bandwidth
- 2.5 MSPS update rate
- ±10 V reference input
- Low glitch energy < 2 nV-s
- Pin Compatible 8- (AD5426), 10- (AD5432) Current Output DACs
- Pin Compatible 12-Bit (AD5443) Current Output DACs