The AD9912 is a direct digital synthesizer (DDS) that features an integrated 14-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The AD9912 features a 48-bit frequency tuning word (FTW) that can synthesize frequencies in step sizes no larger than 4 μHz. Absolute frequency accuracy can be achieved by adjusting the DAC system clock.
The AD9912 also features an integrated system clock phase-locked loop (PLL) that allows for system clock inputs as low as 25 MHz.
The AD9912 operates over an industrial temperature range, spanning −40°C to +85°C.
- Agile LO frequency synthesis
- Low jitter, fine tune clock generation
- Test and measurement equipment
- Wireless base stations and controllers
- Secure communications
- Fast frequency hopping
- 1 GSPS internal clock speed (up to 400 MHz output directly)
- Integrated 1 GSPS 14-bit DAC
- 48-bit frequency tuning word with 4 μHz resolution
- Differential HSTL comparator
- Flexible system clock input accepts either crystal or external reference clock
- On-chip low noise PLL REFCLK multiplier
- 2 SpurKiller channels
- See data sheet for additional information.